B-200 M5 Blade Server Versatility
The Cisco UCS B-200 M5 Blade Server delivers performance, flexibility, and optimization for deployments in data centers, in the cloud, and at remote sites. This enterprise-class server offers market-leading performance, versatility, and density without compromise for workloads including Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), web infrastructure, distributed databases, converged infrastructure, and enterprise applications such as Oracle and SAP HANA. The B-200 M5 Blade Server can quickly deploy stateless physical and virtual workloads through programmable, easy-to-use Cisco UCS Manager software and simplified server access through Cisco SingleConnect technology. It includes:
● Latest Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors with up to 28 cores per socket
● Up to 24 DDR4 DIMMs for improved performance
● Two GPUs
● Two Small-Form-Factor (SFF) drives
● Two Secure Digital (SD) cards or M.2 SATA drives
● Up to 80 Gbps of I/O throughput
B-200 M5 Blade Server Main features
The Cisco UCS B-200 M5 Blade Server server is a half-width blade. Up to eight servers can reside in the 6-Rack-Unit (6RU) Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis, offering one of the highest densities of servers per rack unit of blade chassis in the industry. You can configure the B200 M5 to meet your local storage requirements without having to buy, power, and cool components that you do not need.
The B-200 M5 Blade Server provides these main features:
● Up to two Intel Xeon Scalable CPUs with up to 28 cores per CPU
● 24 DIMM slots for industry-standard DDR4 memory at speeds up to 2666 MHz, with up to 3 TB of total memory when using 128-GB DIMMs
● Modular LAN On Motherboard (mLOM) card with Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card (VIC) 1340, a 2-port, 40 Gigabit Ethernet, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)–capable mLOM mezzanine adapter
● Optional rear mezzanine VIC with two 40-Gbps unified I/O ports or two sets of 4 x 10-Gbps unified I/O ports, delivering 80 Gbps to the server; adapts to either 10- or 40-Gbps fabric connections
● Two optional, hot-pluggable, Hard-Disk Drives (HDDs), Solid-State Disks (SSDs), or NVMe 2.5-inch drives with a choice of enterprise-class RAID or passthrough controllers
● Cisco FlexStorage local drive storage subsystem, which provides flexible boot and local storage capabilities and allows you to boot from dual, mirrored SD cards
● Support for up to two optional GPUs
● Support for up to one rear storage mezzanine card
Table 1 lists the specifications for the Cisco UCS B-200 M5 Blade Server.
Table 1. Specifications
Up to 2 Intel Xeon Scalable processors (1 or 2)
24 DDR4 DIMM slots: 16, 32, 64, and 128 GB at up to 2666 MHz
mLOM slot for Cisco UCS VIC 1340
Mezzanine adapter (rear)
1 rear mezzanine adapter for:
● Cisco UCS VIC 1380 mezzanine card
● Cisco port expander mezzanine card
● Cisco GPU rear mezzanine card
● Cisco blade NVMe storage card
Mezzanine adapter (front)
1 front mezzanine adapter for:
● Cisco FlexStorage 12-Gbps SAS RAID Controller
● Cisco FlexStorage 12-Gbps SAS RAID Controller with 1-GB cache
● Cisco FlexStorage NVMe or passthrough module
● Cisco GPU front mezzanine card
2 hot-pluggable front-access 2.5-inch drives:
● HDD: 10,000 or 15,000 rpm with up to 1.8 TB per drive
● SSD: Enterprise Performance and Value SSDs with up to 7.6 TB per drive
● NVMe: Up to 7.7 TB per drive
Note: Drives require a RAID or passthrough controller in the front mezzanine adapter slot.
Choice of either:
● 2 internal SD cards (32, 64, or 128 GB)
● 2 M.2 SATA drives (240 or 960 GB)
Cisco UCS Manager Release 3.2(1)
Cisco UCS Central Software
Cisco UCS Director
Cisco UCS Performance Manager
50 to 95°F (10 to 35°C)
–40 to 149°F (–40 to 65°C)
5 to 93% noncondensing
5 to 93% noncondensing
0 to 10,000 ft (0 to 3000m); maximum ambient temperature decreases by 1°C per 300m
40,000 ft (12,000m)
Table 2 lists system requirements for the server.
Table 2. System requirements
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis
Cisco UCS 6248UP 48-Port, 6296UP 96-Port, 6332-16UP, 6332, and 6324 Fabric Interconnects
Cisco UCS 2204, 2208, and 2304 Fabric Extenders
Cisco UCS Manager software
Release 3.2(1) or later
Table 3 provides ordering information for the Cisco UCS B200 M5.
Table 3. Ordering information
UCS B200 M5 Blade w/o CPU, mem, HDD, mezz
UCS B200 M5 Blade w/o CPU, mem, HDD, mezz (UPG)
DISTI:UCS B200 M5 w/o CPU, mem, Drive bays, HDD, mezz, HS
For information about installing or upgrading your server, see the Cisco UCS B200 M5 hardware installation guide.
For ordering information, see the Cisco UCS B-200 M5 Blade Server specification sheet.
Cisco UCS B200 M5 Blade Servers have a 3-year Next-Business-Day (NBD) hardware warranty and 90-day software warranty.
Augmenting the Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS) warranty, Cisco Smart Net Total Care™ and Cisco Solution Support services are part of Cisco’s technical services portfolio. Cisco Smart Net Total Care combines Cisco’s industry-leading and award-winning foundational technical services with an extra level of actionable business intelligence that is delivered to you through the smart capabilities in the Cisco Smart Net Total Care portal. For more information, please refer to https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/services/smart-net-total-care/index.html.
Solution Support includes both Cisco product support and solution-level support, resolving complex issues in multivendor environments on average 43 percent more quickly than with product support alone. Solution Support is a critical element in data center administration, helping rapidly resolve any issue encountered while maintaining performance, reliability, and return on investment.
This service centralizes support across your multivendor Cisco environment for both our products and solution partner products you’ve deployed in your ecosystem. Whether there is an issue with a Cisco or solution partner product, just call us. Our experts are the primary point of contact and own the case from first call to resolution. For more information, please refer to https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/services/technical/solution-support.html.
Cisco and partner services
Cisco and our industry-leading partners deliver services that accelerate your transition to a Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers solution. Cisco Unified Computing Services can help you create an agile infrastructure, accelerate time to value, reduce costs and risks, and maintain availability during deployment and migration. After deployment, our services can help you improve performance, availability, and resiliency as your business needs evolve and help you further mitigate risk. For more information, visit https://www.cisco.com/go/unifiedcomputingservices.
Cisco Capital financing to help you achieve your objectives
Cisco Capital® financing can help you acquire the technology you need to achieve your objectives and stay competitive. We can help you reduce Capital Expenditures (CapEx), accelerate your growth, and optimize your investment dollars and ROI. Cisco Capital financing gives you flexibility in acquiring hardware, software, services, and complementary third-party equipment. And there’s just one predictable payment. Cisco Capital financing is available in more than 100 countries. Learn more.
For more information
For more information about Cisco UCS servers, refer to https://www.cisco.com/go/ucs.